Thursday, January 20, 2011

Editing Your Choices for Daily Living~Don't say DIET!

Editing your Choices for Daily Living~
I saw this the other day and I thought that’s a great word.  I don’t like the word DIET  because most people think of diet and they need to eat foods that only a rabbit would be interested in.  You can only do that for so long and then it gets hard and frustrating and you always feel weak.  Who Wants to Live Like That?
In my younger years I tried many DIETS and not one of them were sustainable. 
Take that word though and change it around and you get EDIT. 
Learn how to Change your Food Choices to get give you a Healthy Body which in turn will give you a Better Life and will not leave you feeling hungry, tired and cranky.
I remember when I started to edit my foods I had no idea what to eat to turn myself around.
Body For Life is a book that really opened my eyes as to what Choices I need to make to help me reach my goals.  Body For Life……….this is your Body For Life and you NEED to figure out how to EDIT what you’re doing.  It also taught portion control without having to count calories.  At that time counting calories wouldn't have worked for me. I didn’t have the time or energy.  I could eye a portion though which was better than what I was doing before.  It also showed many transformations of people that were successful in applying the Changes in Food, how you pair your foods together, and how you workout to get you on a Better Road for Life.  I’m very thankful that I found that Book because it really was a Great Tool for me and helped to transform me into feeling and looking better.
Here is a foodlist that I used to help me:

MEAT/POULTRY – 4oz portion
Frozen, skinless chicken breasts
Low-fat sliced chicken or turkey deli meat
Eye of round beef steak
Turkey burgers
Lean ground beef
Ground turkey
New York choice lean sirloin steak
GRAINS/Carboydrates- no bigger than a fist full
Old-fashioned oatmeal
Whole-wheat tortillas
Whole Wheat Bread- 1 slice
Brown rice
 PRODUCE/Greens 
Celery
Water chestnuts
Scallions
Low sodium dill pickles
Spinach leaves
Fresh tomatoes
Cucumber
Carrots
Romaine lettuce
Broccoli
Sweet potatoes
Romaine Lettuce
OnionsRed potatoes
 Asparagus
Green Beans
Fresh mushrooms
Canned kidney beans
SPICES
Cinnamon
Pepper
Salt
Paprika
Garlic powder
Cloves of fresh garlic
Cumin
Parsley
Dill weed
Basil
Oregano
Cilantro
Chili flakes
Ginger
Chili powder
OILS/DRESSINGS
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Italian vinaigrette
Low-fat mayo
Cooking spray
FRUIT/Carboydrates
Blueberries
Raspberries
Apples
Peaches
Strawberries
Pears
Grapes
DAIRY
Grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
Low-fat cheese slices
Shredded low-fat American cheese
Shredded low-fat Mozzarella cheese
Low-fat String cheese
Fat-free sour cream
Skim milk
Low-fat cottage cheese
Fresh eggs
Egg substitute
Low-fat yogurt
FISH
Canned tuna packed in water
Salmon filet
Trout
Haddock
TOPPINGS/CONDIMENTS
Sugar-free syrup
Fresh lime juice be mindful of added sugar
Light teriyaki marinade
Almonds/slivered almonds
All-natural peanut butter
Green enchilada sauce
Salsa
Soy sauce
Lime juice
Sugar free applesauce
Splenda®*
Baking powder
Lemon juice
Mixed nuts
Ketchup use sparingly because of sodium content
Dijon mustard

Editing your life is all about Steps and moving forward and applying them.  As you begin to change your body will ask you for more.  You see how good each change makes you feel and your body will actually hunger for more.
I found Buffmother.Com a couple of years after Body For Life.  This took me yet to another level of feeling good, becoming even more in tune with my body, and support and encouragement from other women.  At the time I found Buffmother I was going through Peri Menopause and I read some of what Michelle had on her website.  I was that woman that was deeply affected my PMS.  I knew that what she was preaching was true.  She had a write up on supplements that you could take to help with the symptoms and I had already been taking some of them and found relief and so her words got my attention as I knew that she was on to something.
 She now offers her Hormonal Timing Pills that have the supplements in them so you don’t need take a bunch of pills to find the same relief.
This was taken from her website Buffmother.com:

After realizing that these symptoms came at the same time each month, I finally connected my symptoms to PMS. My PMS was negatively impacting every aspect of my life for about 2 weeks of every month! As I researched the subject I found that many women, as they have children and enter into their 30’s, have more PMS symptoms. Up to 85% of women suffer some of the 150 symptoms called PMS.
What caused my PMS? I am very healthy and fit, so why was I suffering so badly? My knowledge of nutrition led me to a possible nutrient deficiency. I started simple supplementation of key “hormonal support” nutrients including: B-6, magnesium, calcium, vitamin E and B-12.
Three months into my faithful supplementation I had my first symptom free cycle!!
Every female needs to realize the important role that vitamins and minerals play in supporting our natural hormonal cycle. Regardless of whether or not you suffer negatively from PMS, the female hormonal cycle affects every woman. As the mother of 3 young girls, I believe that from birth there is a “time of the month” for every female.
If you do suffer PMS, there is hope before turning to an antidepressant or taking the pill for relief, please try following Hormonal Timing and taking The Hormonal Timing pill. My key breakthrough came when I realized that my body needed required special supplementation depending on each particular phase of my monthly cycle. The Hormonal Timing Pill uses next generation technology to help minimize the negative effects we feel from our hormones each month (PMS).
Remember YOU are in control of your body, life and legacy.

Buffmother also uses a simple guideline for eating called KISS.  5 proteins a day, 4 Carbs a day, 3 Healthy Fats a day, 2 or more Greens, and 1 small treat if you’re working on your Metabolism.  When you’re trying to loose weight you drop a carbohydrate and a treat.
Part of success to Editing your Life is who you surround yourself with.  What kind of support and encouragement you get.   I found my support at Buffmother.com.  This for me was a community of likeminded women who all wanted the best for each other.  In this community we share our workouts, eating, new food finds, life……it’s a positive place where you can be accountable and find Inspiration and Hope!! 


Editing your choices is a process.  Don’t think you need to be Perfect to make your changes work.  Remember this is your Body for Life and there’s going to be those days when you fall off of your good Choices.  You do however need to get back in the game when you do and don’t Wait for Next Week on Monday to get started!!  Start TODAY with what you know!  I’ve been there before too……..”Wait till Monday” is a concept that leads to failure and makes you feel awful.  In high school my wait till Mondays added an extra 10 pounds on me and I know for many other people it’s worse.
Get started TODAY!!
Change your LIFE NOW!! 
It’s NEVER too late! 
YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

1) Edit your Food Choices (Eat 5-6 small meals a day)
2) Add some Exercise into your Life
3) Find a Support and Accountability System
4) Supplement your body

In my next Blog I’ll be sharing Food Choices and what I put into my "Shopping Cart" Today.
My protein, carbohydrate, fats, and green Choices. 


No comments:

Post a Comment